Friday, May 25, 2012

Step One: Open Up a Book

So when I graduated from college in December, 2011, I set a goal to read books.  For the last 4 1/2 years I had read nothing but text books, and any joy I had found in reading had significantly diminished.  But I remembered reading good books and always loving them, so I decided that now that I have time, I am going to reestablish that joy I once had for reading.

However, I was very out of the habit.  It seems like modern technology, Facebook, Hulu, Twitter, Computer Games, just get our attention and suck our time away.  So then I had the brilliant idea of using technology to help me in my goal!  First, I bought a Kindle.  Seriously, I recommend it.  It's way easier to read that little tablet than it is to hold tons of pages open.  So that helped.  But now I have decided to take that technology one more step, and create a blog!

So here at "Open Up a Book" I will regularly post reviews on books I have read and what I thought of them.  It will keep me motivated to read, and hopefully help others find good ones!  I love Children's Books and I love Fantasy Books, so those are probably the types of books you will see the most of here.  But I will try to expand my genres a bit :)

Step one is simply to open up that book!  Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment