Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lemon Tart

Lemon Tart
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Book One: Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery series













I was very impressed with this book and its many unique qualities.  First of all, you don't typically see a mystery/suspense story centered on a nearly 60-year-old woman as the main character who saves the day.  However, the author did it so brilliantly that I ended up LOVING the leading lady, Mrs. Sadie Hoffmiller.  She is feisty and spunky, and her age provides for wonderful humor, and still allows for an action-packed story.  I read this book in a day and a half; it was so intense I couldn't even put it down!  It may be my favorite murder mystery I've read.  It keeps you hypothesizing and changing your mind throughout the entire book until the alarming truth comes out at the very end in a dire situation for Mrs. Hoffmiller.  You will feel scared, angry, sad, heart-broken, happy, alarmed, and relieved over and over throughout this intense (and very clean/family-friendly) novel.

A Perk:  Sadie Hoffmiller is a wonderful cook, and every few chapters, the author inserts a recipe for the food Sadie had been cooking.  How clever and fun!

My Recommendation: High

No comments:

Post a Comment